Pick up an Amazin’ Variety Box and get creative with this series of recipes featuring fun-size packs of our Amazin’ treats! We kick things off this week with this Tropical Salted Caramel Chia Parfait Recipe, featuring our Salted Gula Melaka Granola.
What’s not to love about the taste of Salted Caramel? A little salty, a little sweet, a whole lot satisfying – and it goes well with everything! As delicious as it is, however, it often has to stay firmly on the “eat rarely” list due to its lack of nutrition. After all, true Salted Caramel is little more than sugar and fat (empty calorie alert)!
Well, worry no longer with this absolutely delicious Tropical Salted Caramel Chia Parfait! All the delicious flavour of Salted Caramel, with all the nutrition of our own freshly baked granola, whole yogurt, and fresh fruit! And, we’ve given it some local flair by using Gula Melaka and tropical fruit!
Tropical Salted Caramel Chia Parfait
Recipe created by Chef Amanda Huang
- 2 ½ tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp milk of choice or water
- 4 tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 2 tsp fresh mangoes, diced
- 1 snack pack (40 g) Salted Gula Melaka Granola
- Unsweetened coconut shreds for garnish [optional]
- Soak chia seeds with milk or water in a mason jar and set in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- While waiting, dissolve the coconut sugar in the hot water. Set aside to cool.
- Once the chia pudding is set, remove from the fridge and start assembling the parfait.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of the dissolved coconut sugar syrup over the set chia pudding.
- Then, spoon on the yogurt, followed by an additional teaspoon of coconut sugar syrup.
- Top the parfait off with the Salted Gula Melaka Granola, and garnish with fresh mangoes and unsweetened coconut shreds (if using).
Enjoy this parfait as a nourishing breakfast or a hearty snack! And remember to watch this space for more easy, creative recipes coming your way!