What’s better than French Toast and a hot cup of coffee? How about a cup of coffee in your French Toast? This absolutely Amazin’ Kopi-Infused French Toast recipe mixes coffee right into the batter! And, to make it even better, we added some of our citrusy Zesty Maple Glazed Nut Mix, fresh fruit, and a healthy chocolate sauce (hint – it’s made of hazelnuts)! Are you drooling yet? Read on for the recipe!
Kopi-Infused French Toast
Recipe by Chef Amanda Huang
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- 7 tbsp milk (dairy/non-dairy)
- 1 small egg
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 1 ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tsp Chocolate Coconut Hazelnut Butter
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- 40g Zesty Maple Glazed Nut Mix
- Combine milk and instant coffee powder, stirring until coffee powder dissolves.
- Add in the egg, coconut oil, maple syrup and sea salt and whisk until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Heat a lightly-greased non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Dip one slice of bread at a time into the liquid mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly.
- Cook bread slices on heated skillet until browned on both sides.
- Serve toast with sliced banana, Chocolate Coconut Hazelnut Butter and plain yogurt.
- Lastly, top with Zesty Maple Glazed Nut Mix and enjoy!
Doesn’t that look like the perfect breakfast to wake you up in the morning? We have more fun, easy recipes featuring our Variety Box snack packs coming up – so be sure to watch this space!