Pick up an Amazin’ Variety Box and get creative with this series of recipes featuring fun-size packs of our Amazin’ treats! This next recipe for Fiery Vegetarian Spring Rolls features our Tom Yum Kaffir Lime Nut Mix and makes a refreshingly spicy meal chock full of vegetables!
It’s not often that a meal can perfectly combine freshness and spicy heat! And yet, this recipe for Fiery Vegetarian Spring Rolls does just that. An abundance of fresh vegetables and aromatic Tom Yum nuts are tucked into supple spring roll sheets glazed with a wonderfully creamy, delightfully spicy sauce. It’s an unlikely-sounding match that makes for a bite of spicy heaven!
Fiery Vegetarian Spring Rolls
Recipe by Chef Amanda Huang
Spring Roll Filling:
- 40 g Tom Yum Kaffir Lime Nut Mix, roughly chopped
- 6-7 pc Vietnamese spring roll sheets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 cup of jicama (sengkuang), shredded
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cucumber, shredded
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 2 tbsp creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp chopped red chilli
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice.
- 3 tbsp hot water
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and stir until well combined.
- Clean, dry, and prep all the veggies. You are now ready to assemble your spring rolls.
- Next, prepare a bowl with warm water. Dip a spring roll sheet into the water very quickly (no longer than a second or two) and lay flat on a work surface.
- Take 2 tsp of the sauce mixture and spread it in the middle of the spring roll sheet (don’t spread too close to the edges).
- Then, place some chopped Tom Yum Kaffir Lime Nut Mix, jicama, cucumber, cilantro and mint leaves in the middle of the sheet (be careful not to overstuff!).
- Start by folding the top and bottom sides into the middle
- On the left-hand side, stretch the sheet around the pile of ingredients, tucking and rolling the edge of the sheet under the pile.
- Then, tuck the corners in and then continue to roll the rest of the way, making your roll as tight as possible without ripping the sheet.
- Repeat steps 3-8 until all spring rolls are complete, and consume immediately.
What a fun way to get your veggies and some good nutty protein into your diet – and with a little zing, too! We have more fun, easy recipes coming your way, so be sure to check back to stay updated!